Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week 2 of Training

This week was pretty predictable. It was the same schedule as the first week and we still taught or observed ESL classes every day. My teammate came in on Thursday, so we got to spend a little bit of time together. Her name is Ashley and she is from Mississippi. You can definitely tell when she talks. I didn’t think I had much of an accent but people say I do a little bit. So we have two southern girls going to Slovakia this year. A third teammate also came to training on Thursday. Her name is Melissa and she is from Phoenix. Her husband Ryan is going as well, but will not be teaching. Melissa and Ryan will be staying through the end of training and I will be flying to Vienna with them on the 16th. Ashley will leave next week to spend some time with her family before she meets us in Slovakia. I still have yet to meet the other three girls teaching in Bratislava this year. This will be Jenni’s fifth year and Kate and Katie’s third year there. They were not required to come to training since they were not getting new roommates. I am sure I will meet them in my first few days in Bratislava. I am getting very excited about meeting them and making new friends. Only 2 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment