Saturday, August 28, 2010

Random Monday Notes

(Actual Date: August 23)


I had to be at school an hour before Ashley, so I went on my own and made it with no problems. We had several meetings in the morning and an orientation in the afternoon. We were able to get tickets for lunch and had a special Slovak dish called Halusky. I don’t know how to describe it, but it was pretty good. I’m going to go to the little grocery store near our flat by myself this evening for the first time. My internet still is not working, so I can’t post these blogs yet, but I am going to try Plan C tomorrow – get someone to call the company for me.

The Head English teacher gave me a special gift today of a Slovak language textbook so that I can learn more Slovak. The best part is that she helped write it! Her name is on the front cover…isn’t that cool? Now I just have to find the time to use it…and since I don’t have internet, I guess I’ll start tonight! (update on this: I have completed lesson 1, but don't remember much of the vocabulary...probably need some flashcards!)

No comments:

Post a Comment