(Actual Date: August 22)
I decided to go to church with Ashley today, and since it’s an evening service, I slept in again, but not so late. I got up about 10:15 or so and did a load of laundry. It literally takes two hours for the washing machine to cycle one time, and then we have to hang everything to dry. We have a rack on the balcony and we also hang things from the antlers in the common room, especially big things like sheets that don’t really fit on the rack. (I will eventually post pictures of this, just haven’t had a chance yet to take one.) Ashley made pancakes for brunch and I’ve been working on typing up these blog posts for a couple of hours now. I’m still not sleeping well, but someone told me that for every hour of time difference from where you left will be one day of adjusting. So I’m looking at 9 days, since I left from California. I’m taking it easy today and hoping that I’ll be able to fall asleep at a decent hour tonight so that I can get up and be ready for school training in the morning. We will not have students until September 2. (Sept 1 is a national holiday celebrating the Velvet Revolution.) But I have a lot to do to get ready for classes, and I’ll need every minute of this next week and a half.
No comments:
Post a Comment