First of all, let me apologize for my lack of communication in the last six weeks. It has been a good time of adjustment. Here is a list of things I am adjusting to:
1. new roommate
2. new transportation system (i've almost got this down, although new places are still an adventure)
3. not hearing English everywhere you go
4. trying to figure out what the signs say
5. new school schedule
6. fall weather
7. Slovak wet-ness (it rains or is misty a lot)
8. new classes at school
9. new food (The Adventures of Mel & Gina in the Canteen - coming soon to a theater near you)
10. new culture
Some things are easier to adjust to than others, but most of it is going well. I'm still struggling with the school part a little...just trying to stay a day ahead is tough sometimes.
It takes me a long time to go grocery shopping sometimes because I can't find what I'm looking for. Or I don't know what it should look like.
I think this is a general overview, and I'll try to get some more specific posts up as well.
Please continue to pray for me as I'm learning Slovak and building relationships with my students and colleagues.
No comments:
Post a Comment