Monday evening when I was getting ready to get in the shower about 8pm, I turned on the faucet and nothing came out. I tried the sink…nothing…tried the kitchen sink…nothing. We were out of water.
Apparently, this happens occasionally, and you just have to wait for it to come back on. It was not back on Tuesday morning, so I went to school a little smelly with a washcloth and washed my face in the sink at school. I did wear perfume, so that masked the BO a little bit.
When I got home at 4, there was hot water, but not cold yet. The water was definitely brown, and left gross dirt stuff in the tub. I washed it back out after the water had run for a little while. We got the cold water back about 6pm, so I took a shower and got all clean. It was definitely more appreciated that day than most others.
Today is Saturday, and I'm trying to do a load of laundry. I'm afraid we are not going to have water again today. The pressure is low in the sink, and there is no water going to the washing machine. I turn it on, but no water goes into the tub. Ashley is still sleeping, and I don't know who to call about this unfortunate event.
But this is what life is like in Slovakia…there is no warning, and you just learn to deal. But I'm really hoping I don't have to go to church without a shower tomorrow. And clean sheets and clothes would be nice too.
Sorry to hear about the water problem. Who told you that they had running water?
ReplyDeleteG-pa T