There are only 5 more days of school. Two regular days and three days of finals. I almost can't believe that it's nearly over, but at the same time, I'm so glad I can put my full focus on getting ready for Slovakia. I have two more books to read and more packing to do. I'll be having a garage sale in two weeks and there is more to do for that than I remember. It's been a while since I was on the selling end of a garage sale, and I forgot how hard it is to put a price on your personal belongings. Some are worth more than others, but some of the worth is only sentimental. Buyers do not know about my sentimental attachment to the item, so that value is worthless. How do you decide how to price those items?
I'm also trying to decide what to keep. Some things will store better than others, and those are easier to decide to keep. So far, I've kept some glass bowls from the kitchen, my box of costumes (too much work went into collecting them to get rid of them...and who knows when you will need a costume or themed outfit), a few Christmas decorations, and I'm boxing up all my school stuff (again, too much work is represented by that pile of papers).
I am un-officially at the half-way point money-wise. I officially have $5,000, but my church has quite a bit (I don't know the amount) they will give me in July. So thank you again for your generosity!
No comments:
Post a Comment